Bob’s Silver Bullets:
- We’ve got a huge IT infrastructure in place now, and the IT and physical infrastructures are starting to converge.
- There are some critical global systemic problems that need comprehensive solutions rather than band aids.
- Moving from the in-place to instrumentation, connectivity, and processing power to something that resembles real-time intelligence is our best way of solving these problems.
- Given the urgency on which the world now needs to focus on economic problems, now is exactly the right time for placing some well-considered big bets.
- Given the new political administration coming into Washington, these big bet efforts may and probably will be accomplished through public-private partnerships.
- We need to go from “Think globally, act locally” to “Think globally, act locally, regionally, nationally, and globally.”
- What’s your role? What will need to change in the way you manage your home and your life, and how will you play a part in the global transformations that are now necessary?