October, 5th 2009
19:33

Below are links to full videos from every session of the New York City Smarter Cities event, in order of the agenda. (These are streaming videos, so click the image and it will launch the default player of your browser).

DAY ONE

Sam Palmisano, IBM CEO
Building a Smarter Planet, City by City

Length: 23:28

Michael Bloomberg, Mayor, New York City
Special Address

Length: 24:25

A conversation with Sam Palmisano and Michael Bloomberg, moderated by Dr. Laura Tyson, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley

Length: 18:14

Ivan Seidenberg, CEO, Verizon Communications
Smarter Cities, Smarter People: Enabling citizens through innovative network technology

Length: 11:17

Melody Barnes, Director, White House Domestic Policy
Partnering for Smarter Cities: The Federal Role in Supporting Local Innovation

Length: 11:30

A conversation with Melody Barnes, Sam Palmisano, Ivan Seidenberg, moderated by Kathryn Wylde, President and CEO, Partnership for New York City.

Length: 30:26

Dr. Denis Cortese, President and CEO, Mayo Clinic
Great Expectations for U.S. Healthcare

Length: 18:08

A conversation with Dr. Denis Cortese and Garrick Utley, president, The Levin Institute, The State University of New York

Length: 22:37

DAY TWO:

Ginni Rometty, senior vice president, IBM
Building a Smarter City

Length: 21:14

Joseph Hogan, CEO, ABB
A Smarter City Needs Smart Power

Length: 14:17

A conversation with Ginni Rometty and Joseph Hogan

Length: 19:18

Culture in the Smarter City. Charlie Rose, Editor and Anchor, Charlie Rose, with Roger Goodell, Commissioner, NFL; Rocco Landesman, Chairman, National Endowment for the Arts; Dr. Reynold Levy, president, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts; Glenn Lowry, director, The Museum of Modern Art.

Length: 53:03

Seizing the Opportunity. A panel of mayors, moderated by David Gergen, Harvard University and senior political analyst, CNN, with Mayor Shirley Franklin, Atlanta; Mayor Phil Gordon, Phoenix; Mayor Patrick McCrory, Charlotte; and Mayor Chuck Reed, San Jose.

Length: 47:18

Dr. Fareed Zakaria, editor, Newsweek International
The Leadership Challenge

Length: 10:44

A conversation with Aneesh Chopra, U.S. Chief Technology Officer and Sam Palmisano, moderated by Dr. Fareed Zakaria

Length: 35:39

May 13, 2012

Jeigu norite patalpinti naujausius nemokamus darbo skelbimus – aplankykite mus.

Posted by: nemokami skelbimai

December 13, 2011

The videos are not loading, this is strange.. well, i wanna try to convert flv to avi and get it on my pc but i don’t have so much room on my hdd.. does anyone know if it will even work this way or not loading now may mean i won’t be able to upload them at all?

Posted by: Honey

June 30, 2011

Uncommonly charismatic blog article.

Posted by: Elane Chauhdrey

June 20, 2011

Video is not playing in latest Firefox browser. What plugin do I need to install in order to watch it? Thanks

Posted by: Tvoros

April 17, 2011

so, what are the results?
That cities became alreagy smarter?

Posted by: prestashop templates

February 16, 2011

Greitos paskolos naujienos

Posted by: Paskolos

December 16, 2010

Labai patiko straipsnis o jei kas nori paskaityti apie paskolas greitas kreditas puikus puslapis.

Posted by: kreditas

November 29, 2010

Great videos. After watching them there really is sum thing to think about

Kratki Židiniai | tarnavva Židiniai

Posted by: zidiniai

November 18, 2010

The one there michael bloomberg talks doesnt work for my. And its sad. Because we all used to see him talking about finance issues.

Posted by: credit

November 17, 2010

Great job you guys are doing here, keep it up. Just sad that not all videos are working.

Posted by: maiseliai

November 10, 2010

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed these videos. Just sad that not all of them are working correctly. Any way, keep up, good job.

internetinių puslapių kūrimas | Teise

Posted by: paskolos

September 5, 2010

Very interesting. Thank you for this blog.

Posted by: Modern Art Paintings Observer

October 14, 2009

Video’s are working fine here.Very interesting!!

Posted by: Kathy

October 7, 2009

Alright – one last time about the technical problems: Even I can watch the videos on a Windows PC (using Google Chrome and an embedded Windows Media Player). Would be great if in the future you could find a way that we can also watch the videos on a Mac. And to clarify the Mac problem a bit more: the videos did start in playing in my media player (VLC Player), but playback was always interrupted after less than two minutes.

Nevertheless: great talks, thanks for putting them online.

Posted by: Valentin

October 6, 2009

I still have the same problem, but ok, maybe its a Mac-Windows Thingy. I’ll try my Windows PC tomorrow.

Posted by: Valentin

October 6, 2009

Daniel, For the most part, there weren’t any PPT slides, with the exception of Ginni Rometty and Joseph Hogan on day 2. So videos should get you what you want. I’ll look into slides for the few sessions that had them. Stay tuned.

Posted by: Adam Christensen

October 6, 2009

Do you have access to any of the powerpoint presentations from Smarter Cities??

Posted by: Daniel

October 6, 2009

John, thanks for the heads up. I think the link is fixed now.

Posted by: Adam Christensen

October 6, 2009

The last link seems to be wrong. Its not for a different video.

Posted by: John

October 6, 2009

Watching these videos on my machine, a pop-up blocker read: This website wants to run the following add-on ‘Windows Media Player Extension’

Not sure if that is related to the problems others are having here…

Posted by: george faulkner

October 6, 2009

Hmmm. I’m not sure what the problem is. They seem to be working for me – I checked in both Firefox in Internet Explorer (I’m on a PC). Maybe it has something to do with your browser settings? When I click, it launches Windows Movie Maker (my default player, I guess) and it works fine. If I try and skip forward, sometimes it gets hung up, but otherwise it works.

I’ll try and do some more digging.

Valentin, I wish we could upload to YouTube – trust me. Unfortunately based on speaker waivers and rights issues, we can’t at this time. I’m hoping we can solve for some of that in the future though. In the meantime, I’m happy we got to feature them here this time…. hopefully we can figure out what’s wrong though.

Posted by: Adam Christensen

October 6, 2009

yup, there’s some technical problem with these videos (I’m currently trying to view the speech of the President of the Mayo Clinic) – it does start, but always stops after not more than 2 minutes (MacOSX, VLC Player). A shame, really starts out to be a great talk. Couldn’t you just upload the videos to YouTube?

Maybe you find a solution – I’ll stop by again in a few days.

Posted by: Valentin

October 6, 2009

Videos are not working… I keep having a “waiting for video” message…

Posted by: joel rubino

1 Trackback

July 24, 2013

[...] source:  asmarterplanet.com [...]

Posted by: The New Dress for Success | The Classic Woman

1 Tweet

October 6, 2009

IBM posted all the sessions from #smartercities here: http://tinyurl.com/yamhqoc

Posted by: ajbowles (Adrian Bowles)