IBM’s @smarterplanet will be hosting a Twitterstorm on Monday, September 20, from 12 – 1 pm PT.
This one-hour conversation will feature Andy Bochman, one of IBM’s smart grid experts and an active blogger on the subject of smart grid, smart grid security and electric vehicles. Andy will be discussing various topics associated with the smart grid and electric vehicles (EVs) including:
- What are the top challenges we face with the increased use of electric cars?
- How will a ‘smarter’ power grid support the growth of the EV industry?
- What type of infrastructure will we need in our communities to support powering EVs?
- How do we afford to build our infrastructure when EVs aren’t widely available yet – or sell the cars when the infrastructure to power them doesn’t exist yet?
- What advances in battery technology will help make EVs a reality? Can EV’s make better use of renewable energy sources like wind and solar?
Join the conversation by following @smarterplanet and tag your tweets #IBMgrid.
Andy Bochman is the energy security lead for IBM’s Rational division, where the focus is on securing the software that runs the Smart Grid. Andy is a contributor to industry and national security working groups on energy security and cyber security. He lives in Boston, is an active member of the MIT Energy Club, and is the founder of the Smart Grid Security and DOD Energy Blogs. Follow Andy at @sgsblog.