Top technology start-ups from around the world are traveling to Dublin today to compete in IBM’s first-ever SmartCamp World Finals.
These companies won their local SmartCamp competitions in Boston, Tel-Aviv, London, Paris, Stockholm, Dublin, Denmark and Silicon Valley over the past year, with new Smarter Planet technologies that tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues such as energy efficiency, the environment, and personalized healthcare.
The SmartCamp participants will receive mentoring and access to industry experts and technology, and deeper partnership opportunities from IBM, venture capital firms, academia, industry partners, and government officials, with one company to be named ‘IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year’, on Thursday, November 18.
The 2010 SmartCamp World finalists are:
- CareCloud- Enables a digital ecosystem for the healthcare industry on the Internet where participants can transact on a business level using rich applications designed to streamline business processes and provide full transparency into workflow.
- LindCom- Measures the contents of tanks and silos and reports measurements, via the Internet, to optimize and streamline the distribution and production of commodities.
- Panoramic Power- Developing an inexpensive, cloud-based service for precise and granular monitoring of electrical power that enables energy savings, failure prediction, preventive maintenance and submetering.
- Predect- A unique online water protection solution whose early warning system enables immediate action before infecting a population.
- Sproxil- Smart technology fighting counterfeit medicine in emerging countries, with cell phone technology used at point of purchase to validate genuine drugs.
- Streetline- Uses sensors that allow citizens to find inexpensive parking fast while helping cities manage their parking resources more efficiently.
- TreeMetrics- Creates 3D imaging technology that measures forests for optimum harvesting.
- VisioHost- Unites innovative technology with scientific and medical research by providing lifecycle solutions for the management and archiving of images.
- WorldSensing- Industrial wireless sensing in smart structures, smart cities and smart oil fields.
Streaming content from the event will be available beginning Tuesday, November 16 at 10:00 a.m. Select portions of the three day SmartCamp World Finals event will be webcast live at www.livestream.com/ibmsoftware beginning at 10:00 a.m. GMT in Dublin on November 16.