papas_168x100by Paul Papas, @papasgbs

On March 14 we announced a new initiative at IBM — Smarter Commerce.  Part of what are doing is forming a new consulting practice to support our clients as they adjust to a world of commerce that is being reshaped by all things digital.  Our view is that we’ve reached a point of time when this convergence – of the physical with the digital, social, and mobile – calls for some significant changes in the way we think about commerce.

To underscore that convergence, and the power of realtime, human connections, we held our first public briefing on Smarter Commerce via the IBM Virtual Center and webcast it live to the IBM Global Business Services Channel. (Click the image to watch the briefing and feel free to visit our voice-enabled, web-based 3D meeting environment for a first hand experience.)

papaswebcast

From talking to clients I’ve learned that there is one relatively simple place businesses can – and should – start.  They should start by seeing their customers as humans.

What do I mean by that?  Retailers traditionally view customers as “shoppers,” airlines see them as “travelers,” pharmaceuticals see them as “patients.”  They view their customer through what is essentially a pretty narrow lens.  The labels are blinders that unnecessarily and detrimentally limit their view of what’s possible in terms of new or enhanced products and services and new ways of engaging with them.

A couple of examples:

In Life Sciences, the value proposition is about producing a product.  But if you think about someone with diabetes or high blood pressure as a person, not a patient, you can quickly envision services that could help them manage their health in their day-to-day lives, not just treat their conditions.

Or think about an insurance provider.  The insurance company has a wealth of actuarial data that it uses to manage its risk.   But what if in addition to using that data internally it applied it to a new service that allowed individuals to assess their risks in everything from heasciconlth habits to the roads they customarily drive to work.

It is only when you view customers as the complete human beings that you will you begin to understand how to engage them…. and start to see the new possibilities – new ways to create new value in an increasingly digital, social, mobile and connected world – the new world of Smarter Commerce.

Our Institute for Business Value has a new paper coming out soon that explores this topic further – and looks at how leading companies are responding to the digital transformation of business.  My colleagues have created a summary of some of its key findings and implications and you can learn more about Smarter Commerce on ibm.com.

We’re just at the beginning of something that I think is going to fundamentally change the world of commerce, and I’m eager to hear the opinions and experiences of others.

And since this social era is driven by dialogue and exchange, we’ve posed a question on the new TED Conversations site. You are most welcome to continue the conversation there, or in comments here.

TEDconversations

Paul Papas is IBM’s Smarter Commerce Global Leader.

May 9, 2015

Niebagatelnie ważną różnicą pomiędzy zaciągnięciem pożyczki w takiej firmie natomiast
w banku jest wielkość oprocentowania tejże
pożyczki.

Posted by: pożyczka bez zaświadczeń

April 1, 2015

Thee clever ads tгy to tout thе lаtest and greatеѕt features аs
iif tɦey trulү аre betteг, ƅut tҺen whеn уoս plop doաn ʏour money and you гսn simple tasks, ʏߋu ѡill realize that yoս’νеЬeen Һad.
Mоst people Ԁߋn’t realikze that tҺe promises tҺɑt
are beіng mаɗе by manufactures аre nothing
more thaqn marketing. Іf yoս wаnt to change thɑt аnd
mɑke tҺings bettеr, үoս ɦave to look aat
root-android. Million օf people aree disappointed ԝith their
gadget аnd ԝhen they speak սр tҺey arе
told aboսt the eary termination fees, and tɦе 2-ʏear contracts tҺatɑrе restrictive іn many waүs.

orց and root ʏοur ѕystem. If yoou arе ϲurrently utilizing ɑn Android device tҺɑt
hass cοme оut reсently oг one that haѕ ϲome outt in the pаst
fеw yeаrs уоu mօst likеly ɗon’t Һave a clue tɦat you
сɑn have аƄetter running device. Thеy’rе typically ԛuite affordable ɑnd οften νery cherished.
Whenevеr а game hold tҺе exam оf energy, уoս cɑn bе pretty сertain that tɦey have substantial higҺ quality.
Τheѕe titles are yeaгѕ (or eѵеn decades) ߋlder, Ьut they’vе been impfoved tо
operate on pгesent ԁaу conputer systems annd consoles.

Ϝor the moгe affordable way to ǥеt pleasure fгom excelpent online games, check іnto “classic” video games.

Уoս wil discover oneself experiencing ɑ wonderful tіme аnd receiving in shape аt thе sɑme timе.
Ԝhen yoս aге acquiring tired off үour regular workout orr ԁon’t ɦave 1 ɦowever, invest іn а video game ɑnd gеt healthy.
Ϻаny video gaming ɑrе noա interactive аnd make usе of your ѕystem movement.
Ԍеt ɑ lean body ԝith online games. If ʏߋuг video game disc іѕ not гeally playing, ƴoս mіght ƅe tempted to
uѕе sօmе foгm of glass oг windows cleaner օnto іt.

Ƭhis сould effortlessly harm tɦe disc furthеr. Fіnd a delicate, dried uup cloth and massage tɦе disc nice аnd
clean Ƅy սsing іt as an alternative. Steer сlear
оf chemical substance cleansers ѡhen cleaning оff үοur video game disks.
Individuals ѡɦo Һave by no meɑns tried out online games
mɑy find them intimidating, Ьսt there’ѕ notɦing tօ hesitate of in relation tօ
games. Yоu’ll sеe Һow to join otɦеr frоm tҺe activity oof video gaming іn tɦe report
undeг.

Playing games іѕ an process that any person οf all
ages ߋr level ߋf skill ϲan alѕo enjoy. As Churchill
matured ѕօ diԁ hhis attention tօ friendship.

‘ Ӊe ɑlѕo endeavoured tօ perform mɑny deeds οf goodwill
tօ aid friends аnd family. (Smith), ԝɑѕ strong meat ɑnd stronger drink, tɦеn Churchill іn contrast
tօ Һis public reputation ɑs a ‘domineering’, еνen ‘rude’, figure, ɦad in tҺe ihtimacy
оf personal friendship ɑ qualty ѡhich is ɑlmost
feminine іn іts caressing charm

Posted by: brave frontier for android download

March 19, 2015

Strictly regulates the total amount of stimulus, or.
I suspect that at least 20-30% of young American males
suffer from erectile dysfunction to the point of partial impotence, just as 79% of all Americans
are overweight (and a large percentage of those are obese) –
they have overstimulated their brain circuitry by introducing stimuli that our brains
were not evolved to consume. Inpatient facilities are
staffed with professionals who can help, not only with initial withdrawal, but with a long-term plan to help you
stay clean.

Posted by: red tube 9

February 22, 2015

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time
as you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site?
The account helped me a appropriate deal. I have been a
little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vibrant clear idea nonton online

Posted by: tv online indonesia

February 16, 2015

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about smarter commerce.
Regards
creditos rapidos sin nomina

Posted by: creditos rapidos sin nomina

January 16, 2015

In fact, a badass may be certain that the numbers he is
given are real and not bogus, women will buy him drinks willingly, as well as when the time comes to go on, the badass knows how to break
things off and turn into buddies using their ex.

Posted by: the tao of badass pdf

January 13, 2015

Type 2 diabetes is definitely an adult-onset diabetes.
Obviously, patients are in their middle age.

Most patients that have this sort of diabetes are obese,
or have hypertension, or high cholesterol, along with other factors.

Posted by: diabetes symptoms in women

December 14, 2014

Hi there, after reading this awesome paragraph i am too delighted to share my experience here with colleagues.

Posted by: its your ship

August 7, 2013

Thank you for some other informative website. Where else may I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect method? I’ve a challenge that I am just now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

Posted by: automobile cup holders

August 3, 2013

I simply desired to appreciate you again. I am not sure the things I would’ve implemented in the absence of those creative concepts provided by you about that industry. Completely was a real intimidating situation in my circumstances, however , seeing your skilled technique you managed the issue forced me to weep over delight. I am just grateful for this assistance and expect you really know what an amazing job you are providing training many others using your websites. Most probably you’ve never met any of us.

Posted by: cheap travel books

August 3, 2013

Generally I don’t read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.

Posted by: of solar energy

August 2, 2013

Hello.This post was extremely fascinating, particularly since I was investigating for thoughts on this issue last Friday.

Posted by: friends and relatives

August 2, 2013

I¡¦ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i¡¦m glad to express that I’ve an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I so much indubitably will make certain to do not overlook this web site and give it a glance regularly.

Posted by: Furniture

August 1, 2013

I take pleasure in, result in I found exactly what I used to be looking for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Posted by: Search Engine Optimization

July 29, 2013

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Posted by: diabetic dog food

July 27, 2013

magnificent issues altogether, you just won a new reader. What would you suggest about your publish that you just made some days ago? Any positive?

Posted by: Home Accessories

July 25, 2013

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks Nonetheless I’m experiencing problem with ur rss . Don�t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting similar rss downside? Anybody who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

Posted by: Santo Hemstreet

July 25, 2013

You made some respectable factors there. I seemed on the web for the difficulty and located most people will go together with together with your website.

Posted by: Zackary Boliver

July 24, 2013

There are actually plenty of particulars like that to take into consideration. That could be a nice level to carry up. I provide the ideas above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up the place a very powerful factor will likely be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round issues like that, however I’m certain that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Each girls and boys really feel the affect of only a second�s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

Posted by: Jerry Lynema

July 22, 2013

It�s laborious to seek out educated individuals on this matter, however you sound like you already know what you�re speaking about! Thanks

Posted by: Gino Seemann

1 Trackback

January 29, 2015

the tao of badass never get cheated on pdf

Smarter Commerce: a new discipline for the era of the connected customer « A Smarter Planet Blog A Smarter Planet Blog

Posted by: the tao of badass never get cheated on pdf