Posted by
Kevin Winterfield in

Post feed

RSS 2.0

On June 8, IBM and the Architectural League of New York will debut ‘City of Systems‘ – a suite of short films that offer a creative look at the interconnected systems that help New York City function as one of the most vibrant and populous cities in the world. Thought leaders from urban planning, media, architecture, academia and technology will convene to open a dialogue about potential points of synergy and dissonance between smart systems and the design of the built environment.

In conjunction with the launch event, the suite of videos will premiere on UrbanOmnibus.net. Just released this week, check out the “Bridge” video with this post for a sneak peek at what’s to come.

An estimated 1 million people around the world are moving into cities each week; experts predict population in the world’s cities will double by 2050. But urbanization and the increase in data is also creating unmanageable complexity, unsustainable waste, and unnecessarily high expenses. Cities face aging infrastructure, declining budgets, changing populations, and increasing threats.

IBM continues to invest significant time and resources into this critical need to modernize and revitalize city infrastructures, and is collaborating with cultural institutions, such as the Architectural League of New York, to bring thought leaders in design and urbanism together to share knowledge and expertise on this cross-disciplinary effort. The short film series is intended to trigger discussion about urban infrastructure and various ways to optimize the systems that support – and shape – urban life.

September 17, 2016

What you published was actually very logical. However, think on this, what if you typed a catchier title?
I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your website, but suppose you
added something that makes people desire more? I mean Sneak Peek:
“City of Systems” creative short film series debuts
June 8 to open dialogue around smarter urban environments « A Smarter Planet Blog is a little vanilla.

You should peek at Yahoo’s front page and note
how they create post titles to get viewers to open the links.
You might add a video or a picture or two to get readers interested about everything’ve got to say.
Just my opinion, it would make your posts a little bit more interesting.

Posted by: RickKMastine

February 12, 2016

I don’t even know the way I stopped up here, however I believed this put up used to be good.

I do not recognise who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger should you
are not already. Cheers!

Posted by: DBZ Dokkan Battle Hack

October 17, 2015

Hey I am so thrilled I found your webpage, I really found
you by error, while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I am here now
and would just like to say cheers for a tremendous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute
but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the
superb job.

Posted by: dbz dokkan battle hack

July 31, 2013

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!

Posted by: car accessories

July 31, 2013

Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Posted by: family guy

July 28, 2013

I�m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that�s both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you could have hit the nail on the head. Your thought is outstanding; the problem is something that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something regarding this.

Posted by: Thad Southcott

July 27, 2013

Good post. I learn one thing more challenging on different blogs everyday. It can always be stimulating to learn content material from different writers and apply just a little one thing from their store. I�d want to make use of some with the content material on my weblog whether or not you don�t mind. Natually I�ll give you a hyperlink in your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Heath Platte

July 23, 2013

An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a little evaluation on this. And he the truth is purchased me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If potential, as you develop into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra particulars? It’s extremely useful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog submit!

Posted by: Peg Creger

July 20, 2013

An interesting dialogue is worth comment. I think that you must write extra on this topic, it might not be a taboo topic however generally people are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Posted by: Kimi Bending

June 8, 2011

UPEACE launches a New MA Programme in Sustainable Urban Governance and Peace

Programme will be conducted in partnership with UN-HABITAT

San José, Costa Rica. June, 2011. The University for Peace (UPEACE) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme will launch a new Master of Arts Programme on Sustainable Urban Governance and Peace (SUGP)at UPEACE´s Costa Rica Campus, beginning in August 2011.

This first edition of the SUGP has the working sub-title “Urban Risk and Resilience – Managing Urban Stress” and will focus on the abnormal impacts cities receives from climate change, environmental events and urban violence.

The programme will provide in depth analysis of concepts, methods and review lessons learned from practice and explore policies to address these negative impacts on cities through innovative means, including practices of Social Risk Management in Public, Private, People Partnership (PPPP) frameworks.

SUGP is a full time, 12 month, 40 credits MA programme. Of these credits, 24 are to be earned through accomplishing mandatory courses and a practicum, 8 are earned from elective courses, and 8 are earned through the accomplishment of a graduation project/internship with UN-HABITAT in field projects. This MA programme, is designed to prepare policy- and decision-makers at all levels (municipal, national, regional, global) for twenty-first century urban challenges, and to provide communities and urban liability advocates with theoretical and practical skills to help them meet their personal and professional goals and aspirations.
People who are interest can take one or more modules of the MA programme. To apply to this programme please visit http://www.upeace.org/admissions/general.cfm or call (506) 2205-9097.

History and Background of UPEACE

Efforts to establish the University for Peace began at the United Nations under the leadership of the President of Costa Rica, Rodrigo Carazo. On the 5th of December, 1980, the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted resolution 35/55.

UPEACE’s activities include: teaching, research, distance learning, and outreach. The University for Peace system also includes offices in Addis Ababa, Geneva, Manila and New York and partnership agreements with numerous other institutions worldwide. The Costa Rica campus serves as a laboratory for the UPEACE system in curriculum development and face-to-face-teaching programmes.

Posted by: Mariela Solís-Chaves