Posted by
Steve Hamm in

Post feed

RSS 2.0

Every year IBM predicts the future of technology via the IBM 5 in 5 initiative–our forecast of five innovations that will help transform aspects of modern life, making the planet smarter, within the next five years. We assess not just the availability of a new technology but also the likelihood of its  large-scale adoption.

This year’s predictions:

·    People power will come to life
·    You will never need a password again
·    Mind reading is no longer science fiction
·    The digital divide will cease to exist
·    Junk mail will become priority mail

YouTube Preview Image

Join the Twitter converation at #ibm5in5

Click here to vote on the coolest prediction.

Making this kind of prediction is difficult. (In fact, to me, sadly, the one about eliminating the digital divide seems impossible.) So, every year, IBM researchers stick out their necks. Which is risky. “A lot of people wait for things to happen. It’s rare than an organization says: this is a big change, and it’s coming,” says IBM Fellow Bernard Meyerson.

Why do they do it? In addition to the PR value, we complete this exercise annually because it makes IBMers think hard about what’s possible and to strive to make it so. Simply put, the process of choosing the predictions and defending them is good for us.

Meyerson, who plays a role in the annual exercise, says the most useful thing about the process is that it requires IBMers to think holistically about innovation. They can’t consider science and technology in a vacuum. They also have to think deeply about social trends, market conditions the willingness of people to pay for cutting-edge technologies. That’s the kind of thinking that can transform inventions into high-impact innovations.

We’ve been issuing the Next 5 in 5 predictions for the past six years. So, how are we doing? Mindful of the difficulty, and considering the fact that for most of the predictions less than five years have passed, we’ve done pretty well.

Two of the first year’s predictions, for instance, have pretty much come true:

We will be able to access healthcare remotely from just about anywhere in the world. Today, through telemedicine, patients can connect with physicians or specialists from just about anywhere via inexpensive computers and broadband networks. Doctors can view x-rays and other diagnostic imagery from thousands of miles away.

Technologies the size of a few atoms will address areas of environmental importance. Nanotechnology is now used in countless fields and industries, including agriculture, biotechnology and sensor networks, enabling us to understand and interact with the natural environment like never before.

Predictions from other years have panned out as well. A couple of examples:

You will have a crystal ball for your health. Thanks to advances in genetic research and high-performance computing it is now possible to affordably decipher an individual’s entire genome. This makes it possible for physicians to alert people to medical conditions they might fall prey to, and it clears the pathway, eventually, to truly personal medicine.

You will talk to the Web…and the Web will talk back. Today, speech recognition and mobile communications technologies make it possible for people to talk to the Internet using their computers or mobile phones, be understood, and listen to automated voices that are responsive to their needs.

The Next 5 in 5 initiative got its start in an IBM Innovation Jam in 2006. The seed goal was to get the entire company thinking about grand challenges. “If you give people a grand challenge you push them to really innovate,” says Meyerson. “That’s when extraordinary things can happen.”

IBM has played a significant role in each of these breakthroughs. So, it’s working.

July 18, 2014

May I just say what a comfort to uncover an individual who really knows what they’re talking about on the net.

You actually know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
More and more people need to check this out and understand this side of the story.

I can’t believe you aren’t more popular since you surely possess the gift.

Posted by: http://Mygnar.com/groups/simple-Advice-for-brighter-Whiter-teeth

July 4, 2014

Hello Dear, are you actually visiting this website daily, if so after that you
will definitely obtain nice knowledge.

Posted by: super fast reply

July 3, 2014

Every weekend i used to go to see this web page, because i wish for enjoyment,
as this this web page conations really good funny information too.

Posted by: Raymundo

June 2, 2014

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem with your site in web explorer, might test this?
IE still is the market chief and a huge component to people will pass over your
magnificent writing because of this problem.

Posted by: www.guide4yahooh8.com

February 26, 2014

It is much more interesting what will be after next 2 years

Posted by: isorines baterijos

February 14, 2014

And now after five years 3 years we can read this article again :D it is a litlle bit funny

Posted by: katalizatoriu supirkimas

February 11, 2014

I’ve been surfing on-line greater than three hours these days, but I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours.
It is lovely value enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the
net will be a lot more helpful than ever before.

Posted by: آموزش مجازي

December 27, 2013

What’s up Dear, are you actually visiting this site daily, if so afterward you
will without doubt take nice experience.

Posted by: اخبار روز

July 15, 2013

Superb web page you’ve gotten going here.

Posted by: Clicking Here

May 8, 2013

After checking out a number of the blog articles on your web site,
I seriously appreciate your way of blogging. I book-marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near
future. Take a look at my web site too and let me
know how you feel.

Posted by: alternative energy

July 21, 2012

After an injury at birth, my father’s passion and perseverance guaranteed that I walked and played sports. But my last memory of him is a mixture of love and pain.
I killed my dad. I didn’t blow him away with a gun. Instead, I let him die. I pulled a kitchen chair up next to him and watched him struggle to breathe on the floor. The skin on his face turned a reddish-purple. His neck took on a bluish tint. Both his hands clutched tightly at his chest. And suddenly, the white in his eyes became spider-web etched, in blood-red lines.

Why did I do it? It’s complicated.

I loved the son of a bitch more than anything on the planet. You see, 28 years earlier, I was born a cripple. A breech birth, feet first, my head stuck in the birth canal. By my first birthday, I couldn’t crawl, stand or walk. My right arm and hand awkwardly clung to my torso. At first, the doctors told my dad I would never walk or run normally because the muscles in my right leg and arm would continue to atrophy.
When I was 3, Dad brought me to Children’s Hospital in Boston for answers. They told him I had cerebral palsy. A loss of oxygen to my brain had destroyed brain signals to the right side of my body. The doctors recommended that I attend private schools. They gave him a long list of places that could better care for cripples like me, and they prescribed a full-length removable leg cast to wear at bedtime.

He refused to listen. No son of his was going to be a cripple. He found a doctor who instructed him in how he could take the place of my injured brain. Every morning before breakfast and every evening before bed, my dad placed me on the bedroom floor to exercise my right leg. The muscles were shrunken and twisted together. His job was to craft them straight, at any cost. Back and forth, up and down, my dad pushed and pulled the muscles into shape. He stretched them until the heel of my right foot evenly matched up to the heel of the left foot.

My Aunt Helen told me the process was almost unbearable to witness. She said the sounds of me screaming soured her stomach. I was too young; I don’t remember the pain. But my mother said my dad would cry. He couldn’t look into my eyes. His tears made wet stains on my T-shirt.

But my dad’s exercise of passion didn’t stop there. For my 13th birthday, he threw me a special party. First, we ate my favorite peanut butter cake. Then he allowed me to open every present but a large box neatly trimmed in colorful birthday-balloon wrapping paper. When everybody was gone, he marched me into the basement to open the box.

It was a set of boxing gloves. We put them on. My dad proceeded to beat me unmercifully. Each time I tried to get up, leather kissed my nose, eyes and jaw. Blood ran into my mouth from the spot where my front teeth punctured my bottom lip. I begged him to stop. Instead he carefully, systematically picked a target, never once missing his bull’s-eye.

Hysterical, I collapsed in his arms. He cradled me, rocking back and forth. Dad said, “I’d cut off my right arm if that would make you whole.” I couldn’t talk. He said he beat me to get me ready for the world. Told me I was a man now and things would be extra tough for me.

That same year, he caught me hitchhiking, duct-taped me to a kitchen chair and turned on Mom’s electric carving knife. He never touched me with it, just held it close to my ears. It was for my own good, he said. I needed to know what would happen if a “bad man” picked me up.

Ironically, it was also easy for my dad to engage in an uncommon act of discernible love. That same year, I was the only kid in my neighborhood that wasn’t picked for Little League. Everybody laughed at me at tryouts. My right leg awkwardly slanted inward as I ran.

My father heard their snickers. On the ride home, neither of us spoke. I sat close to him. He held my hand, and we cried together. Two weeks later, Dad started the Shedd Park Minor League. He raised money, bought uniforms, enlisted coaches, acquired permits, and every kid played. Dad coached the Yankees and made me a pitcher.

In high school, I became a football star. People said if I had two good legs, I might have played on Sundays. One Saturday afternoon, I read the quarterback’s eyes, jumped the tight end and pulled the pass out of his hands. Immediately, I headed for the end zone. At the five-yard line, I looked around to see if anybody was close enough to catch me. Nobody was chasing me, except Dad running full speed along the sidelines.

The power of my dad’s love, insidious and reckless, guaranteed I walked and more. And this Father’s Day, like every Father’s Day, I’ll relive the last time I saw him. My mother was in the hospital recovering from surgery. And Dad was on the kitchen floor having sex with another woman. I found them. He went for his heart. I thought he was faking. By the time I realized he was dying and tried to help him, it was too late.

At the end, I remember a tear rolling slowly across his cheek. His eyes opened wide. I bent forward and whispered, “I love you.” He slowly reached for my hand just as he had done years ago on that ride home from Little League tryouts. And at that instant, we both experienced the pain and madness of love. Then he was gone.

That night, I shot my first bag of heroin. Three years after he died, I kicked a 10-bag-a-day habit. I became a journalist, covered the war in Bosnia, made an award-winning documentary. In 1997, a brain surgeon in San Jose told me I didn’t have cerebral palsy after all. He explained precisely how and where the doctor’s forceps at birth had damaged the frontal lobe of my brain.

My dad never knew the whole truth. But all that counts is the bottom line. After all his madness, on this Father’s Day, like every Father’s Day, I’m not a cripple.

Posted by: Licclalry

April 16, 2012

i know of dis article on IEEE and its very interesting of our health condition test

Posted by: rasool

March 16, 2012

This was truly a stimulating read… I totally agree with 3 of the predictions — including the one about junk mail! I’ve started sifting through them already! *sigh*

Kelly

Posted by: Ardham Kelly

February 3, 2012

technical maybe developed close smart to people’s brain, but can never equalled to ,the barrier is the flexible immotion

Posted by: David

December 21, 2011

The people power one scares me as it SHOWS IBM HAS NO UNDERSTANDING OF BASIC PHYSICS.
Space is limited but for example, Yes you could extract energy from the water flowing in your pipes but remember that kinetic energy was put in by the water supplier – so your not gaining in terms of CO2. The fact you can’t figure this one out is truly terrifying. Seeding these as challenges to your organisation is like brainstorming a new watch design while sitting on the Titanic as it skins.
Ethically the personal genetic medicine means personal genetic life insurance.
If you want grand challenges I could easily give you much 100 better ones.

Posted by: Rebecca Moreau

December 21, 2011

Terrible drawings, just, just terrible.

As for the predictions

· People power will come to life – Would people-power ever be enough? I see tech making us more lazy rather than becoming our own power plants. Something like this sounds much more realistic http://www.ted.com/talks/justin_hall_tipping_freeing_energy_from_the_grid.html

· You will never need a password again – You’re talking about ATMs. This will not aid convenience or security on private tech such as home computing.

· Mind reading is no longer science fiction – “Wow I think the girl across the office looks great in those jeans… no! DON’T MESSAGE HER THAT! NOW ITS MY FACEBOOK STATUS!”. The chances of us becoming mentally disciplined to the point of this actually working? 0.

· The digital divide will cease to exist – If people in 3rd world countries can track the village doctor, why not just use this “telemedicine”. Or fly to the local Asimo-medic where the just as viable cure-all magicpill2000 will be prescribed and everyone will live happily ever after.

· Junk mail will become priority mail – More and more we’re told to “check your junk folder just in case”. Kill junk mail and it’s source, let me decide what I want to read.

Posted by: Ben

hi, i think 5 in 5 can create a revolution in our society

Posted by: sam

None of these predictions will come true within 5 years

In 5 years:

- Most people will still use passwords for all computer accounts, although there might be novelty (uneconomic, insecure) examples of computers recognising people without use of passwords
- Most houses will still rely on grid electricty. Many (but still a minority) of houses will have grid-connected solar power, but virtually none will be powered with ‘people power’ as in the IBM prediction
- Using detection of brain states to control computing (it ISNT mind reading!) will be not terribly more advanced than it currently is now – you can have computers do relatively rudimentary tasks using detection of brain states, but you won’t be able to do anything complicated, and it won’t be in mass consumer use.
- A large number of people in 3rd world countries will have mobile phones and access to the internet, but the extreme prediction that the ‘digital divide will cease to exist’ within 5 years is wrong. Many, many people will still have no access to, or use of, technology (especially the aged).
- In line with an increase in the cleverness of spam filters, advertisers will become more clever at devising ways to deliver junk mail to avoid such filters. Advertising will *never* be so well tailored that is not identified as spam – advertising even for products taht you want is annoying if it is delivered at an inopportune time. Within 5 years, your computer won’t be smart enough to automatically book tickets to your favourite band just by knowing your preferences – not without you having manually set up a search and purchase yourself.

Posted by: Steve

December 20, 2011

“…predictions, for instance, have pretty much come true:..”

Just like the flying car (or drivable plane), the predictions might have come true, yet they’re still useless or vastly unusable by the masses, so… ? Healthcare accessible anywhere? Don’t think some doctors from China are interested in my x-rays. Crystal ball for health? Don’t think we have the same definitions for “crystal ball”, deciphering the genome “affordably” is far from what a “crystal ball” is supposed to do, back to the fairy tale books.
In short, I’ll give you that the predictions have good “PR value”, as you put it.

Posted by: ranjix

hi…..!!!
I think you doing the same thing that i trying to do well I think it will definitely help you just go and watch Keith Barry’s Show “Deception with Keith barry”, you will definitely be able to find some clues regarding to your project. and If I can help you please please contact me and I would like to join this project how do I join this project please tell me, at present I am working as a Asst. System Engineer and recently Passed out Engineer (2011), From India

Posted by: Akshay Dubey

hi…..!!!

Posted by: Akshay Dubey

December 19, 2011

Is there a version of this video (and the others) available with captions for Hard of Hearing and Deaf individuals?

The YouTube auto-transcription service isn’t really up-to-speed just yet.

Posted by: Mike

December 19, 2011

Seems there is a big project behind it: see, for example, The IBM project for cognitive computing

Anyone can give a brief intro on those projects? I am highly interested in it! Thanks.

Posted by: Xiaodong

December 19, 2011

YOU WILL NEVER NEED A PASSWORD AGAIN…I think this one would be used widely very soon

Posted by: kamal

Robin,
Which two scare you and which two thrill you?

Posted by: Steve Hamm

December 19, 2011

Interesting. 2 of the 5 thrill me, 2 of the 5 scare me…

We indeed live in, and are creating, a brave new world.

Posted by: Robin Majumdar

July 18, 2013

[...] something, and a computer will respond. That’s the vision from IBM, which just published its "5 in 5" forecast, which attempts to predict five technologies that have the potential to significantly change our [...]

Posted by: MIND CONTROL /// VİDEO : IBM : Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | İSTİHBARAT SAHASI

June 21, 2013

[...] 5 in 5, o lo que es lo mismo, las cinco predicciones anuales a cinco años vista de IBM ya han sido formuladas. La mayoría suenan a ciencia ficción en la actualidad, pero podrían no ir mal encaminados si leemos entre líneas. De entre las mismas, dos predicciones destacan sobre las demás. La compañía dice que en cinco años podremos ser capaces de leer la mente de otro y de crear toda la energía necesaria para nuestros hogares. [...]

Posted by: Según IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa | EmaCorp News

December 4, 2012

[...] 2- http://asmarterplanet.com/blog/2011/12/the-next-5-in-5-our-forecast-of-five-innovations-that-will-al… [...]

Posted by: Mind reading tricks will be used by devices to use mind power

October 24, 2012

[...] IBM 5 in 5 компания делает ежегодно, основываясь «на рыночных [...]

Posted by: IBM дала прогноз по инновациям на пять лет вперёд | ScienceEdge.net

October 3, 2012

[...] and a computer will respond. That’s the vision from IBM, which just published its “5 in 5″ forecast, which attempts to predict five technologies that have the potential to significantly change our [...]

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives

September 17, 2012
May 29, 2012

[...] Hamm, S. (2011, December 19). The IBM 5 in 5: Our forecast of five innovations that will alter the tech landscape within five years. Retrieved from Building a Smarter Planet: http://asmarterplanet.com/blog/2011/12/the-next-5-in-5-our-forecast-of-five-innovations-that-will-al… [...]

Posted by: Don’t believe the hype – Gartner off, by about 5 years, according to IBM – Kitlas

May 12, 2012

[...] something, and a computer will respond. That’s the vision from IBM, which just published its “5 in 5″ forecast, which attempts to predict five technologies that have the potential to significantly change our [...]

Posted by: IBM:讀腦機器將改變我們的生活(這是一則舊聞,只是想貼在此作一記錄) » 壹站通

April 29, 2012

[...] These are just three of the five predictions IBM announced this morning as part of its annual “5 in 5” prognostication [...]

Posted by: Mind Control-The Neuro Nano Revolution- Neural Remote Monotoring Mind-Brain-Control | Mind Stealers

April 11, 2012

[...] are just three of the five predictions IBM announced this morning as part of its annual “5 in 5” prognostication [...]

Posted by: Public awareness of the technologies and experiments on humans and its impact on individuals and society in Sweden and Europe / USA. | Nano Brain Implant

April 7, 2012

Posted by: A new research scandal and the fatal consequences for the wider community. « Brain Control

March 19, 2012

Posted by: A new research scandal and the fatal consequences for the wider community. | Cyberbrain

February 27, 2012

Posted by: Mind Control Brain “Mind”Link Technology ! « Brain Link

February 20, 2012

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. | Decrypted Matrix

February 18, 2012

Posted by: Mind Link-The Neuro Nano Revolution- Mind-Brain-Control (Mind Control) « Brain Link

January 29, 2012

[...] This article in the New Scientist makes for quite interesting reading: Can Science fiction Predict the Future? But if you want a really fantastic site when thinking about predictions for the future check out IBM’s 5 in 5 site [...]

Posted by: Looking into the Future | Susan Pallister's Blog

January 25, 2012

[...] Read IBM’s outlook at: http://asmarterplanet.com/blog/2011/12/the-next-5-in-5-our-forecast-of-five-innovations-that-will-al… [...]

Posted by: The IBM 5 in 5 « currently. future focused.

January 25, 2012

[...] “5 in 5” forecast of innovations that will alter the technology landscape within the next five years includes the [...]

Posted by: Improving the Technology of Learning to Help Close the Digital Divide | Citizen IBM Blog

January 18, 2012

[...] 5 in 5, o lo que es lo mismo, las cinco predicciones anuales a cinco años vista de IBM ya han sido formuladas. La mayoría suenan a ciencia ficción en la actualidad, pero podrían no ir mal encaminados si leemos entre líneas. De entre las mismas, dos predicciones destacan sobre las demás. La compañía dice que en cinco años podremos ser capaces de leer la mente de otro y de crear toda la energía necesaria para nuestros hogares. Como todos los años, la lista que proporciona está destinada a promover el trabajo que se realiza bajo la iniciativa Big Blue?s Smarter Planet. Los 5 in 5 de este año serían los siguientes: [...]

Posted by: IBM, en 5 anos nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energia para nuestra casa | Super Taringa

January 16, 2012

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real,,,,, | Cyberbrain

January 16, 2012

[...] Ecco le altre scommesse di IBM: [...]

Posted by: Sincronizzeremo il cervello con il computer? by Allnewz.it

January 10, 2012

[...] Why do they do it? In addition to the PR value, we complete this exercise annually because it makes IBMers think hard about what’s possible and to strive to make it so. Simply put, the process of choosing the predictions and defending them is good for us…. Read More. [...]

Posted by: Dulce.com – Biometrics

January 10, 2012

[...] future predictions via its 5 in 5 (You can read the complete list here – Five innovations which will alter the tech landscape in 5 years) series this year are mind boggling. Here they [...]

Posted by: IBM’s amazing 5 year predictions: Mind Reading and power your home with your own energy | Drishtikone

January 8, 2012

[...] The IBM 5 in 5: Our Forecast of Five Innovations That Will Change the Tech landscape Within Five Yea… (SmarterPlanet Blog)   [...]

Posted by: The Future of… (January 2012) | The Future of Work... unlimited

January 8, 2012

[...] asmarterplanet] Μείνετε συντονισμένοι με τα τελευταία νέα του [...]

Posted by: IBM: Στα επόμενα 5 χρόνια θα χειριζόμαστε τις συσκευές μας με τη σκέψη![Video]

January 8, 2012

[...] #essay – IBM 5-in-5 – Five Innovation forecasts that ‘will alter the landscape in 5 years’ – [...]

Posted by: State of Technology #40 « Dr Data's Blog

January 5, 2012

[...] asmarterplanet.com/blog/2011/12/the-next-5-in-5-our-forecast-of-five-innovations-that-will-alter-the… As noted in Chapter 1′s Inventing the Future, predicting the future isn’t easy. But when the predictions are backed by one of the world’s biggest technology innovators, they’re worth considering. In this short, clever video, IBM describes and illustrates “5 in 5″— five technological breakthroughs that could reshape our lives within five years. [...]

Posted by: Will Your Phone Read Your Mind in 2016? Ask IBM — Digital Planet

January 2, 2012

[...] acordo com o relatório, essas são as 5 previsões para os próximos 5 [...]

Posted by: IBM prevê leitura da mente para daqui cinco anos | Geekaço

January 2, 2012

[...] Labs ha definit les cinc tecnologies que canviaran el “món” en els cinc propers anys: del 2011 al 2016. Aquest és el post de The Next 5 in 5. Una llista que sempre és un referent per [...]

Posted by: IBM Labs divisa les tecnologies del futur | Bloc de l'Eduard Batlle

December 29, 2011

Posted by: Mind Control » IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real,,,,,

December 29, 2011

[...] 5 in 5   « prueba2   No Comments » Click here to cancel reply. [...]

Posted by: Alice in Realand - Innovations that will alter the landscape

December 28, 2011

[...] (typeof(addthis_share) == "undefined"){ addthis_share = [];}IBM has predicted the future, and it contains mind-reading machines and the death of character-based passwords. This revelation [...]

Posted by: IBM’s Five Best Predictions in Tech for the Next Five Years | NURVTECH

December 28, 2011

[...] Smarter Planet > IBM 5in5 Wikio Wikio Related [...]

Posted by: IBM 5in5 - Le innovazioni che potranno cambiare la vita nei prossimi 5 anni | Nonsolomac

December 27, 2011

[...] golem.de, asmarterplanet.com, digitaltrends.com, ibm.com Rate this: Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

Posted by: The IBM „5 in 5“ | Hypermedia Trends

December 27, 2011

[...] will help transform aspects of modern life, making the planet smarter, within the next five years.Via asmarterplanet.com Be Sociable, Share! Related PostsNo Related PostNo tags for this [...]

Posted by: The IBM 5 in 5: Our Forecast of Five Innovations That Will Alter the Tech Landscape Within Five Years | Richard Kastelein - Creative Technology and building the bridge

December 27, 2011

[...] year for the last 6 years, IBM has released a “5 in 5″ report. A list of predictions that cover 5 major technologies that will revolutionize our world in the [...]

Posted by: The IBM 5 in 5: A Reaction | What Would The Internet Do?

December 26, 2011

[...] brainiacs at IBM made some pretty far-out predictions this week: In five years, they say, you won’t need passwords, there will be no more digital divide, and [...]

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007 | bdDijital

December 26, 2011

[...] تا از ۵ پیشگویی IBM هستند که دیروز در کنفرانس سالیانه « ۵ در ۵ » رونمایی کرد. مراسمی که آی بی ام در آن به معرفی ابداعات [...]

Posted by: پیشگویی های IBM: تنها ۵ سال فاصله تا ذهن خوانی و چیزهایی عجیب تر | پرتال توکا

December 26, 2011

[...] 5 in 5◷ 6 dagen oud · 170 woorden · in TechnologieDe denkers bij IBM doen vijf voorspellingen over de wereld binnen vijf jaar. Vroeger keek men tien jaren vooruit. Door de snelle veranderingen in technologie werd dit echter [...]

Posted by: IBM 5 in 5

December 25, 2011

[...] brainiacs at IBM made some pretty far-out predictions this week: In five years, they say, you won’t need passwords, there will be no more digital divide, and [...]

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? - Ya Newz

December 25, 2011

[...] has announced its “Next 5 In 5 Forecast,” an annual list of five predictions about the technologies the company’s innovators think [...]

Posted by: IBM predicts mind-reading computers of the future « Follow The Money

December 24, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? | PHILLY SCIENCE FICTION

December 24, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? « St. Anthony's Hr. Sec. School, Shillong

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? | Daves Ultimate Deals

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? « Internet toolbox

December 23, 2011

[...] brainiacs during IBM finished some flattering far-out predictions this week: In 5 years, they say, we won’t need passwords, there will be no some-more digital divide, and [...]

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? | JLD Express Shopping

December 23, 2011

[...] innovations that will change our lives within five years – [Link] Tags: ibm5in5, innovations Filed in Technology | 6 views No Comments [...]

Posted by: Electronics-Lab.com Blog » Blog Archive » Five innovations that will change our lives within five years

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? | Select Shoppers Solution

December 23, 2011

[...] IBM’s “5 in 5″ forecast are about to get people talking. That’s five predictions expected to happen in the next five years. On that front, it has succeeded. [...]

Posted by: IBM's Predictions: Mind-Controlled Objects and Biometric Passwords | Dice Blog Network

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where's My Mind Reading Cell Phone?

December 23, 2011

Posted by: Según IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa « ΔΠҜ ÛяǾ฿ØЯø

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? | DT Shop Smart

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cellphone? : All New York News, Sports, Weather, Traffic

December 23, 2011

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind-Reading Cell Phone? : All New York News, Sports, Weather, Traffic

December 23, 2011

[...] brainiacs at IBM made some pretty far out predictions this week: In five years, they say, you won’t need passwords, there will be no more digital divide, and [...]

Posted by: How IBM Saw 2012 in 2007: Where’s My Mind Reading Cell Phone? : All New York News, Sports, Weather, Traffic

December 23, 2011

[...] The IBM 5 in 5: Our Forecast of Five Innovations That Will Alter the Tech Landscape Within Five Year…. [...]

Posted by: The IBM 5 in 5: Our Forecast of Five Innovations That Will Alter the Tech Landscape Within Five Years « Strategy Inc.

December 23, 2011

[...] 5 initiative,” Steve Hamm, a strategist in IBM’s corporate communications department, wrote in a blog post. “We assess not just the availability of a new technology but also the likelihood of its [...]

Posted by: IBM foretells mind-reading machines | Pakalert Press

December 22, 2011

[...] Прогноз IBM 5 in 5 компания делает ежегодно, основываясь «на рыночных и социальных тенденциях», а также данных из своих исследовательских лабораторий по всему миру. Нынешний «хит-парад» – уже шестой по счёту. (Рейтинг 2010 года мы подробно описывали.) [...]

Posted by: UkrLife.net » IBM дала прогноз по инновациям на пять лет вперёд

December 22, 2011

Posted by: اخبار روز علمی وفناوری علم و فناوری , 1 5cاینترنت در تسخیر تو|اخبار علمی | علم جهان | علم جهان|27 (63%), 1 83اینترنت در تسخیر تو|اخبار علمی | علم جهان | ع

December 22, 2011

[...] innovations that could change how people work, live and play. This week, IBM revealed the next 5 in 5 — an annual forecast of future technology trends — which The New York Times, Washington Post and other global news outlets quickly endorsed as [...]

Posted by: IBM Viewpoints: December 20, 2011 « Collaboration Cafe

December 22, 2011

[...] de science-fiction ; leur voeu pourrait bientôt devenir réalité”, explique IBM dans ses prédictions annuelles à 5 ans sur les technologies du [...]

Posted by: Innovation : quand les ordinateurs pourront lire nos pensées. « andreasdieryckscpo201110

December 22, 2011

[...] something, and a computer will respond. That’s the vision from IBM, which just published its “5 in 5″ forecast, which attempts to predict five technologies that have the potential to significantly change our [...]

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | Business Small Business

December 22, 2011

[...] 5 in 5, o lo que es lo mismo, las cinco predicciones anuales a cinco años vista de IBM ya han sido formuladas. La mayoría suenan a ciencia ficción en la actualidad, pero podrían no ir mal encaminados si leemos entre líneas. De entre las mismas, dos predicciones destacan sobre las demás. La compañía dice que en cinco años podremos ser capaces de leer la mente de otro y de crear toda la energía necesaria para nuestros hogares. [...]

Posted by: En 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa « Before I Dying

December 22, 2011

[...] nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa  Curiosidadesdic 222011  5 in 5, o lo que es lo mismo, las cinco predicciones anuales a cinco años vista de IBM ya han sido [...]

Posted by: Según IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa | www.Faltariamas.com - www.Faltariamas.es

December 22, 2011

[...] si otras veces han planteado supuestos verdaderamente arriesgados, en la edición de este año del ’5 in 5′ no se han quedado cortos. Os resumo los 5 avances que IBM considera que veremos a no mucho [...]

Posted by: IBM cree que en 5 años se podrán leer las mentes : DoMiNiCki Blog

Posted by: پیشگویی های ibm تنها ۵ سال فاصله تا ذهن خوانی و چیزهایی عجیب تر

December 22, 2011

[...] de de pensar algo y un ordenador podrá responder. Esa es la visión que IBM acaba de publicar en “5 in 5″ forecast, donde pretenden dilucidar cinco tecnologías que pueden cambiar significaticamente nuestras vidas [...]

Posted by: Las máquinas que leerán nuestros pensamientos | Máquina infernal: Informática, ciencia, música, humor... todo aquello de lo que disfrutas con esta maldita máquina infernal a la que estás enganchado.

December 22, 2011

[...] en effet d’annoncer sur un ton prophétique cette éventualité, explique A Smarter Planet. “De Houdini à Skywalker en passant par les X-Men, lire les pensées est depuis la nuit des [...]

Posted by: Pour IBM, il sera possible de lire dans les pensées en 2017 « Etrange et Insolite

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives –

December 21, 2011

[...] 5 in 5, o lo que es lo mismo, las cinco predicciones anuales a cinco años vista de IBM ya han sido formuladas. La mayoría suenan a ciencia ficción en la actualidad, pero podrían no ir mal encaminados si leemos entre líneas. De entre las mismas, dos predicciones destacan sobre las demás. La compañía dice que en cinco años podremos ser capaces de leer la mente de otro y de crear toda la energía necesaria para nuestros hogares. [...]

Posted by: IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa | Descargar Programas Taringa

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | Startup Help

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | Social Reach

December 21, 2011

Posted by: Technothusiasts.com | Seattle's Premier Geek Podcast Network – IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | Brian's Blog Site

December 21, 2011

[...] informatičkih mozgova, pa tako i IBM (odnosno IBM Labs) koji ima svoju tradicionalnu listu Next 5 in 5: 2011 odnosno, pet stvari koje će obilježiti život u slijedećih pet [...]

Posted by: [me] IBM 5in5 2011: stvari koje će nam biti zanimljive slijedećih… « ratkom.net: potraga za nepoznatim

December 21, 2011

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives « Fronteira sem Limites

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | Like List

December 21, 2011

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives | Random Smart Stuffs

Posted by: IBM Explains How Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives

Posted by: IBM: Mind-Reading Machines Will Change Our Lives

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. |

December 21, 2011

[...] Bạn có tin trong số 5 công nghệ này sẽ có cái trở thành hiện thực? Mình hy vọng về khả năng thiết bị điện tử sẽ có thể đọc và hiểu suy nghĩ của con người. Sẽ thật tuyệt khi cập nhật Facebook mà chẳng phải gõ nội dung! Nguồn: A Smarter Planet [...]

Posted by: IBM dự đoán 5 công nghệ thay thế trong vòng 5 năm tới | ITnews

December 21, 2011

[...] και για την επόμενη πενταετία. Τι μας λέει λοιπόν στο 5 X 5 της για το μέλλον μας – και μάλιστα το [...]

Posted by: Οι προβλέψεις της IBM για το tech μέλλον μας… « Gadgetfreak

December 21, 2011

[...] http://asmarterplanet.com/blog/2011/12/the-next-5-in-5-our-forecast-of-five-innovations-that-will-al… Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Categories: Future Technology, Interesting Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) Leave a comment Trackback [...]

Posted by: A Smarter Planet Blog » The IBM 5 in 5: Our Forecast of Five Innovations That Will Alter the Tech Landscape Within Five Years « Dave Calabro's Tech Blog

December 21, 2011

[...] активность мозга. В ежегодном докладе «5 за 5«, предпочтение также отдаетсяпьезоэлектричеству - [...]

Posted by: Пять технологий, которые изменят мир через пять лет | AntiCool

December 21, 2011

[...]  IBM a fait un point sur les technologies actuellement en développement dans ses laboratoires de rec…et qui seront à disposition des utilisateurs à horizon 2017. Parmi les différentes thématiques actuellement étudiées, on trouve celles autour de la production d’énergie verte, de la biométrie au service des mots de passe, ou encore du contrôle des terminaux par la pensée. [...]

Posted by: Piloter son PC par la pensée : une réalité pour IBM en 2017 | CRAVERO CONSULTING

December 21, 2011

[...] Blue’s “5 in 5” predictions look at what technologies will be commonplace in five years time, based on the [...]

Posted by: techtings» IBM: ‘Your PC will read your mind by 2016′

December 21, 2011

[...] has announced its “Next 5 In 5 Forecast,” an annual list of five predictions about the technologies the company’s innovators think [...]

Posted by: IBM’s Prediction For The Future: Mind-Reading Computers | BNewsworld

December 21, 2011

[...] controlar nuestros ordenadores con la mente, y lo ha hecho en una especie de informe en el que hace 5 predicciones para el futuro en la que quizá esta sea la más impactante y reveladora. Aunque nosotros lo aclaramos bien [...]

Posted by: En 5 años será posible controlar tu ordenador con la mente | Tecnologia | HablaDeTodo.com.ar

December 20, 2011

Posted by: Según IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa | Tecnologia | HablaDeTodo.com.ar

December 20, 2011

[...] according to IBM, which just published its “5 in 5″ forecast: a prediction about five innovations that will fundamentally change our world within the next five [...]

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | Make A Difference Today!

Posted by: IBM: ‘Your PC will read your mind by 2016′

December 20, 2011

[...] that seem science fiction today but are thought to be commonplace in 5 years. The selection of the 5 in 5 is based on technological availability in the IBM labs and extrapolating societal [...]

Posted by: IBM Predicts People Power and Mind-controlled Devices | Tech the Future

December 20, 2011

Posted by: Bientôt ordinateurs et téléphones pourront lire les pensées « Toutboom's Blog

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. | Information security & technology news

December 20, 2011

[...] fiction and science fact on a daily basis,” said IBM officials, as the company rolled out its “5 in 5″ list, which includes the following [...]

Posted by: 5 Innovations IBM Says Will Change Your Life | ironshieldtechng.com

December 20, 2011

[...] развития человечества на ближайшие пять лет — «5 in 5». Это пять основных трендов, которые должны быть [...]

Posted by: IBM: в течение пяти лет будет реализовано управление электронными устройствами силой мысли | ITC.ua

[...] cinco de 5 in 5 de este año son las [...]

Posted by: 5 in 5 - Las cinco predicciones tecnológicas de IBM para los próximos cinco años

December 20, 2011

[...] para nuestra casa dic 20th, 2011 | Por laislabuscada | Categoría: Tecnología   5 in 5, o lo que es lo mismo, las cinco predicciones anuales a cinco años vista de IBM ya han sido [...]

Posted by: Según IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa - La Isla Buscada

December 20, 2011

[...] one step closer to realizing that vision. “According to IBM, which just published its “5 in 5″ forecast: a prediction about five innovations that will fundamentally change our world within the next five [...]

Posted by: The Market Report: 12.20.2011 | We Are The Market

December 20, 2011

[...] IBM divulgou seu relatório anual “5 in 5″. Nele, a empresa cita cinco tecnologias que ela acredita que existirão nos próximos cinco anos. A [...]

Posted by: Leitura da mente pode chegar nos próximos cinco anos, diz IBM | Blog Marcos Web Master

December 20, 2011

[...] harvesting. No more passwords. The Death of spam. Technology for everyone. These are five thing IBM believes are the future. Not 50 years in the future, but more like five years in the future. [...]

Posted by: Dear Internet, Signed: Anonymous » If IBM Has Its Way, This Is What Tech Will Look Like in Five Years [Video]

December 20, 2011

Posted by: Leitura da mente pode chegar nos próximos cinco anos, diz IBM | Pavablog

December 20, 2011

Posted by: Según IBM, en 5 años nos leeremos la mente y crearemos energía para nuestra casa: Alt1040 #iMAPAS — #iMAPAS

December 20, 2011

[...] den Menschen einen Mehrwert bieten können. Aber neben der Künstlichen Intelligenz gibt es einige Tech-Trends in weiteren Bereichen wie Energie, Sicherheit, Gedankenlesen, Mobile und Analytics in denen wir in den kommenden fünf Jahren mit technologischen Durchbrüchen rechnen [...]

Posted by: Tech-Trends: 5 Technologien, die unser Leben in 5 Jahren revolutionieren » t3n News

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | It's Me Adam

Posted by: IBM Says We'll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | Startup Help

December 20, 2011

[...] die Vorhersagen, die IBM-Vordenker im Blog A Smarter Planet gemacht haben, eintreffen? Im Jahr 2016 werden wir es sehen. IBM veröffentlicht seit 2006 jeweils zum Jahresende [...]

Posted by: Trends für 2016 – Bei Gedanken Anruf

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years –

[...] asmarterplanet.com [...]

Posted by: Så här ser det ut om fem år enligt IBM | iPortal

December 20, 2011

[...] a few thoughts depending on context.It so happens that this, among other things, is precisely what IBM hopes to make possible over the next five years.Granted, it won’t so much be technopathy (a person’s ability [...]

Posted by: IBM Wants Mind-Controlled Computers in Phones in 5 Years or So | UpToNews.com | News Up To Date

December 20, 2011

[...] IPhone seems to have done it yet again. Even IBM has included “Talking to the web” in the 5 technologies likely to be available in the next 5 years. If you’re a [...]

Posted by: Siri or Iris, computers understanding the world around them » » Script and Scroll Script and Scroll

[...] Quelle: golem.de, asmarterplanet.com [...]

Posted by: IBM veröffentlicht „Next 5 in 5“ | Hypermedia Trends

December 20, 2011

[...] so happens that this, among other things, is precisely what IBM hopes to make possible over the next five [...]

Posted by: IBM Wants Mind-Controlled Computers in Phones in 5 Years or So

December 20, 2011

Posted by: If IBM Has Its Way, This Is What Tech Will Look Like in Five Years [Video] | Wine & Technology News: Myview WordView

December 20, 2011

[...] This year, they look at things like mind-reading, spam, and sustainable energy. Let’s take a look into the future, according to IBM. [...]

Posted by: Look Into The Future With IBM’s 5-in-5 Tech Predictions

December 20, 2011

[...] harvesting. No more passwords. The Death of spam. Technology for everyone. These are five thing IBM believes are the future. Not 50 years in the future, but more like five years in the future. Continue reading [...]

Posted by: If IBM Has Its Way, This Is What Tech Will Look Like in Five Years | The Gadget Blogger

December 20, 2011

[...] anno IBM pubblica una previsione sulle innovazioni che dovrebbero cambiare la nostra vita nei prossimi cinque anni. Lo studio, [...]

Posted by: IBM 5 in 5: le tecnologie dei prossimi 5 anni | Hardware | Digital.it

December 20, 2011

[...] تا از ۵ پیشگویی IBM هستند که دیروز در کنفرانس سالیانه « ۵ در ۵ » رونمایی کرد. مراسمی که آی بی ام در آن به معرفی ابداعات [...]

Posted by: پیشگویی های IBM: تنها ۵ سال فاصله تا ذهن خوانی و چیزهای عجیب | thestar.ir

December 20, 2011

Posted by: پیشگویی های IBM: تنها ۵ سال فاصله تا ذهن خوانی و چیزهایی عجیب تر | میهن استار به وسعت یک سرزمین

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years « Social First – Web Design, Social Media and Digital Solutions

December 20, 2011

[...] the end of junk mail and people powering their homes with their own energy. Read the full article at IBM’s blogRelated PostsShelly Palmer Radio Report – December 20, 2011Filed Under: Top Stories About Shelly [...]

Posted by: IBM Predicts Mind Reading, Personal Energy Sources in 5 Years | Shelly Palmer Digital Living

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | Like List

Posted by: - surge-protector-review

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | Social Reach

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | JC-Evans, Inc.

December 20, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years Down With A.P.P.

December 20, 2011

[...] harvesting. No more passwords. The Death of spam. Technology for everyone. These are five thing IBM believes are the future. Not 50 years in the future, but more like five years in the [...]

Posted by: Video: IBM’s Vision Of Tech Five Years From Now | Gizmodo Australia

December 20, 2011

Posted by: If IBM Has Its Way, This Is What Tech Will Look Like in Five Years [Video] « waweru.net

December 19, 2011

Posted by: iPhoneNation.com: Apple News and Technology Insiders – IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years

December 19, 2011

[...] IBM 0stLight.options({publisher:''});emailComo parte de su campaña Smart Planet de IBM vuelve a mostrarnos un vistazo del futuro, esta vez nos muestra los 5 avances tecnológicos en los próximos 5 años, algunos de los cuales [...]

Posted by: 5 avances en los próximos 5 años según IBM | Tecfilia

December 19, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | Market 7

December 19, 2011

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years | Tech News Aggregator

Posted by: IBM Says We’ll Have Mind-Reading Computers Within Five Years |

December 19, 2011

Posted by: If IBM Has Its Way, This Is What Tech Will Look Like in Five Years [Video] : Tech Today w/ Ken May

December 19, 2011

[...] are just three of the five predictions IBM announced this morning as part of its annual “5 in 5” prognostication project. The list is meant to promote long-term work being done under Big [...]

Posted by: » IBM: Mind reading is less than five year …

December 19, 2011

Posted by: If IBM Has Its Way, This Is What Tech Will Look Like in Five Years [Video] | Computer Repair Gainesville

December 19, 2011

[...] Gadget Prediction of the Day: As part of its “5 in 5″ forecast, outlining five technological advances that could happen in the next five years, IBM is predicting [...]

Posted by: Mind-Controlled Gadget Prediction of the Day - TDW Geeks

December 19, 2011

[...] IBM divulgou seu relatório anual “5 in 5″. Nele, a empresa cita cinco tecnologias que ela acredita que existirão nos próximos cinco anos. A [...]

Posted by: EquipINFO » » Leitura da mente pode chegar nos próximos cinco anos, diz IBM

December 19, 2011

[...] reading is just one of five bold predictions IBM announced this morning as part of its “5 in5″ initiative, an annual forecast of future innovations. The others [...]

Posted by: Mind Reading a Reality in Five Years, IBM Says | Lose Your Fear

December 19, 2011

[...] información:IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real.The IBM 5 in 5: Our Forecast of Five Innovations That Will Alter the…IBM 5 in 5: Mind Reading is no longer science [...]

Posted by: ¿El Mentalismo tiene las horas contadas?

December 19, 2011

[...] released its annual prediction of the five technologies that will alter our lives over the next five years, including the end of [...]

Posted by: The future accorded to IBM ‹ Triana Technologies

December 19, 2011

[...] thinks will change the way people live and work in the next five years. IBM has now released its 5 in 5 for 2011, and the forecasts contains some doozies — including mind-readying mobile [...]

Posted by: IBM forecasts biometric passwords, mind-reading tech for 2016

December 19, 2011

[...] lista atual acabou de ser divulgada e traz ideias no mínimo curiosas acerca das transformações que podem impactar a vida moderna em [...]

Posted by: 5 previsões da IBM para os próximos 5 anos « mdmconsultores

December 19, 2011

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. | Partners In Sublime

December 19, 2011

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. | Custom Software Solutions (Antigua)-Digital World

December 19, 2011

[...] jaarlijkse lijstje bevat vijf voorspellingen van IBM, over innovaties die volgens het technologiebedrijf in de komende [...]

Posted by: IBM: ‘Gedachtelezen mogelijk binnen vijf jaar’

December 19, 2011

[...] For more information about the IBM 5 in 5, visit: A Smarter Planet Blog. [...]

Posted by: GSA Technology Council » IBM Reveals Five Innovations That Will Change Our Lives within Five Years

December 19, 2011

[...] are only 3 of a 5 predictions IBM announced this morning as partial of a annual “5 in 5” conjecture [...]

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. - TECHNOLOGY GADGETS – TECHNOLOGY GADGETS

December 19, 2011

Posted by: IBM: Mind reading is less than five years away. For real. | Brian's Blog Site