January, 18th 2012
12:27

Click on the images for a larger view

As the systems that run the way we work and live become smarter, the way people connect and comDevelopers at workmunicate, find and share information, and perform everyday business tasks is changing in dramatic and dynamic ways.

Everywhere you look, new devices combined with social collaboration tools are transforming how work is done today — how information is shared, relationships are built, and decisions are made.

Thanks to clever social software tools that make collaboration happen easily and naturally, new delivery models such as cloud and mobile computing, and new ways of finding and sharing information, businesses are becoming social businesses — ones that are connected in a variety of ways, both inwardly and out.

Creative Connections    Creative Connections

For example, instead of simply pushing messages and offers out to the market, social businesses are creating back-and-forth dialogues with their customers through social tools, and are able to target the right content to the right customers using profile data from the Web and analytics.

This could enable a retail buyer to use seemingly unrelated purchases events to find an emerging trend in a product line; an automated electronics assembly process to pull in the best parts, suppliers, and assemble expertise without disruption as market needs continuously change; and an insurance firm to connect its independent agents and underwriters, helping them to reduce policy turnaround time from weeks to days.

Working in a mobile world

The Social Enabler

Mobile devices equipped with new social networking software are becoming the great enablers of a social business, and vital business tools that allow workers to be more productive in more places because they can access mail, calendar, contacts, employee records and to-do lists anywhere in the world.

And as organizations struggle to find ways to more accurately gather, share and gain insight through smart devices, IBM is there to help with new software and services designed to bring a new level of intelligence to the mobile enterprise marketplace.

Collaborative cooking in the cloud

Connecting and Empowering People

As the rapid growth of social networking and mobility erases some of the boundaries that separated individuals in the past, people increasingly use their relationships with other people to discover and use information to accomplish innumerable tasks.

Gone are the days when a person had to be tied to a desk and chair in the office to get his or her work done, or when innovation was a guarded secret, with all of the novel ideas created in isolation.

We’re in a new era now, in which any person, any object, any process or service and any organization — large or small — can become digitally aware, connected and smart.

And now savvy organizations around the world are transforming their workplaces, not only by connecting and collaborating in new ways, but by unleashing the genius and creativity of the workforce itself.

Social Workplaces

See also:

Picture Story: How IBMers Work

December 23, 2013

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other sites?
I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
I know my readers would appreciate your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Posted by: smokeless cigarettes stores

December 14, 2013

Can anybody invest in it from a bookstore?

Posted by: Veola Fannon

August 2, 2013

You actually make it appear so easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be actually something that I think I’d by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very broad for me. I’m having a look forward on your next put up, I¡¦ll try to get the hang of it!

Posted by: Public Health

July 31, 2013

Needed to compose you this very little word in order to give thanks once again just for the pretty thoughts you’ve contributed on this site. It was really remarkably open-handed of people like you in giving unreservedly just what a number of us could have supplied as an ebook to end up making some dough for their own end, and in particular now that you could possibly have done it if you ever considered necessary. The guidelines likewise served to become a great way to comprehend the rest have similar dreams really like mine to know a little more with reference to this issue. Certainly there are numerous more fun instances ahead for individuals who scan through your blog post.

Posted by: family life

July 30, 2013

After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you may take away me from that service? Thanks!

Posted by: Jefferson Branhan

July 29, 2013

{many|numerous|several|a lot of|quite a few|lots of|a number of|a large number of} {tips|suggestions|ideas guidelines|recommendations|

Posted by: pruning shears

July 29, 2013

I used to be more than happy to search out this internet-site.I wished to thanks on your time for this glorious learn!! I positively having fun with each little little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you weblog post.

Posted by: Karina Hjelle

July 29, 2013

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know methods to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more well-liked because you definitely have the gift.

Posted by: Arnulfo Wolanin

July 28, 2013

You made some first rate points there. I appeared on the internet for the problem and found most individuals will associate with along with your website.

Posted by: Kina Keis

July 25, 2013

When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any method you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks!

Posted by: Valda Monger

July 21, 2013

I was very happy to seek out this net-site.I needed to thanks in your time for this excellent read!! I undoubtedly enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

Posted by: Dong Crawmer

July 20, 2013

I�d must test with you here. Which isn’t one thing I often do! I take pleasure in studying a put up that may make individuals think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to remark!

Posted by: Chadwick Osick

February 2, 2012

Posted by: エドハーディー

January 24, 2012

Posted by: KVEPALU SALA - kvepalai internetu

January 24, 2012

Mobile devices equipped with new social networking software are becoming the great enablers of a social business, and vital business tools that allow workers to be more productive in more places.

Posted by: KVEPALU SALA - kvepalai internetu

May 15, 2013

[...] Picture Story: Social Business at Work [...]

Posted by: Picture Story: Learning by Doing | IBM Curiosity Shop

October 11, 2012

[...] Today, IBM kicks off HackDay, a two-day online discussion that gives our employees the chance to think big and exchange ideas on how we can accelerate IBM’s transformation a social business. This includes everything from new tools and work processes to fresh ideas on how to deliver value to IBM clients in a connected world. [...]

Posted by: Building a Social Enterprise from Within: The Meaning of HackDay « A Smarter Planet Blog

January 23, 2012