August, 28th 2012
0:10

By Jean Noel Le Foll, General Manager, CFAO Technologies

Brazil, Russia, India, China, Turkey, South Africa and Mexico are the fastest growing markets for computer equipment, making up 14% of the global IT market. The regions increasing their IT purchases the most are the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa, according to Forrester Research. A growing list of companies in these emerging economies is relying on the IBM System z mainframe to build their infrastructures.

The Ministry of Senegal brought all of its import and export processes from across the country on-line with System z, and is now recovering 30% of Gross National Product, which amounts to two billion Senegalese francs in customs revenue every day. In the process, the Ministry increased the performance of its systems by 70%, reduced power consumption by 20% and cut operating costs by 30%.

Customs officers in Senegal and their partners now have real-time access to information across all of the country’s border checkpoints. They can check to see if the correct duty has been paid on shipments of goods coming through the country’s main border checkpoints This is a vast improvement over the Ministry’s previous system, which was limited to two border checkpoints. The Ministry of Senegal is using technology to apply critical information to boost the country’s economic growth.

My company, CFAO, also worked with the government in Cameroon to help them build their infrastructure on the mainframe. In Cameroon, the Cameroon Ministry of Finance is using a System z mainframe to help with smarter banking and modernize the payroll processes for government employees in the country. The new system is helping to increase the security of the Ministry’s payroll system and improve the efficiency of processes such as generating pay slips.

Mainframes provide enterprise clients in growth markets with an efficient platform for growth as they transform their businesses to become smarter in their industry. CFAO’s System z business in Africa has grown 15% over the last three years. And IBM’s System z revenue in growth markets was up 11% year to year in the second quarter of 2012, per IBM earnings.

Today, IBM announced a new mainframe that has been built with features that will appeal to clients in growth markets, such as the capability to run without a raised datacenter floor. IBM has been making changes over the last five generations of mainframes to enable clients to do this.

The new family of mainframes will also allow enterprises in growth markets to grow their business by 50 percent without increasing their energy usage, IT investment or system size.

CFAO expects the new mainframe will allow us to help more clients in Africa operate smarter to grow their economies and better serve citizens by more effectively making use of available data.

CFAO Technologies is an IBM Business Partner in West Africa.

September 21, 2014

My brother suggested I might like this website.
He was totally right. This post truly made my day.

You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Posted by: http://www.161993up.com

August 18, 2014

I աil right away snatch your rss feed as I can nnot to find youhr
e-mail subscription link or newsldtter service. Do you’ve
any? Please аllow me recognise in order thɑt I may ϳyst subscribe.
Thanks.

Posted by: Essie

August 8, 2014

s not simply an “acne relief” or ” skin-care program”.

The good news is that effective natural acne treatments really do
exist. The above are just some of the most important skin care tips and best acne
treatments to keep in mind if you have acne.

Posted by: pimples cream reviews

April 22, 2014

electric cigarettes Mainframe Making Good in Africa « A Smarter Planet Blog A Smarter Planet Blog

Posted by: sneak a peek here

April 11, 2014

content material as you probably did, the web can be a lot more helpful than ever before.

Posted by: Dogecoin

March 30, 2014

Do you have an Android tablet that you are aiming to purchase.
0 applications, SQlite Open Core Media Libraries and much more.
There exists also the alternative of two keyboards, a digital
QWERTY keyboard and wi-fi keyboard.

Posted by: http://aliluo.com

March 19, 2014

I leave a leave a response each time I especially enjoy a article
on a site or if I have something to contribute to the conversation.
Usually it is a result of the fire communicated in the post I looked
at. And after this post Mainframe Making Good in Africa

Posted by: list.ly

March 4, 2014

This design is steller! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
Betweesn your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, hhow you presented it.
Too cool!

Posted by: http://www.mariasself.com

February 10, 2014

I precisely desired to appreciate you once again. I am not sure what I would have made to happen without those information discussed by you relating to my concern. It had been a real depressing circumstance for me, however , witnessing this professional manner you resolved it made me to leap over contentment. I will be thankful for the advice as well as sincerely hope you are aware of a powerful job you happen to be providing teaching people through the use of your blog. I’m certain you’ve never encountered all of us.

Posted by: free credit report

December 21, 2013

That is the correct weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You understand a lot its virtually laborious to argue with you (not that I truly would needHaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

Posted by: Norman Wygant

August 7, 2013

Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a little out of track! come on!

Posted by: automobile sun visor

August 6, 2013

I just couldn’t leave your website prior to suggesting that I really loved the standard info a person provide to your visitors? Is gonna be again continuously in order to investigate cross-check new posts

Posted by: Computer and Technology

August 3, 2013

You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

Posted by: car reviews

August 2, 2013

I’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I absolutely enjoy reading all that is written on your blog.Keep the posts coming. I enjoyed it!

Posted by: family values

August 1, 2013

I appreciate, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Posted by: suggestions pertaining to

July 25, 2013

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may fix in the event you werent too busy looking for attention.

Posted by: Daniel Nannen

July 22, 2013

you have got an amazing weblog right here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?

Posted by: Eugene Erpelding

July 21, 2013

Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this web site wants far more consideration. I�ll probably be once more to learn far more, thanks for that info.

Posted by: Suk Boeshore

July 21, 2013

There are certainly loads of particulars like that to take into consideration. That is a nice level to carry up. I offer the ideas above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up the place a very powerful factor will probably be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged round issues like that, however I’m sure that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Each girls and boys really feel the affect of only a second�s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

Posted by: Carey Maisano

July 17, 2013

That is the fitting weblog for anybody who wants to find out about this topic. You realize a lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would needHaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

Posted by: Beulah Pentaris

May 12, 2013

I simply couldn’t depart your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual info a person supply for your visitors? Is gonna be back ceaselessly to check out new posts

Posted by: UK Car Insurance - Making A Claim

May 2, 2013

Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.,^

Look at the most recent short article on our personal blog page
<http://www.caramoantourpackage.com

Posted by: Mauro Dellapenna

July 4, 2014

[…] 있는 고객분들과 아주 저렴한 예산으로도 업무를 진행할 수 있도록 하는 새로운 길을 열어주고 […]

Posted by: [2012-10-29] 은행 서비스를 모든 국민에게로 확장하기 – 필리핀 | younyh

March 18, 2014

[…] has been responsible for powering several key advances in technology in Africa. For example, the Ministry of Finance in Senegal brought all of its import and export processes from across the country on-line with System z, and […]

Posted by: IBM Announces Master the Mainframe Winners in Kenya, South Africa - TechCity NG

March 14, 2014

Posted by: IBM Master the Mainframe contest winners named | A one-stop-shop for Tech Info and news

December 13, 2012

[...] not appropriate for serving clients in rural areas. Technology, however, has enabled new ways to interact with rural clients at significantly lower cost [...]

Posted by: Shoring Up the Unbanked in the Philippines « A Smarter Planet Blog

October 28, 2012

[...] 있는 고객분들과 아주 저렴한 예산으로도 업무를 진행할 수 있도록 하는 새로운 길을 열어주고 [...]

Posted by: 은행 서비스를 모든 국민에게로 확장하기 – 필리핀 « A Smarter Planet Blog – Korea

October 25, 2012

Posted by: Shoring Up the Unbanked in the Philippines | My blog

August 28, 2012

[...] Mainframe Making Good in Africa « A Smarte… [...]

Posted by: Business Opportunities Helping In The Industrial Growth | Bulk Email marketing Tips & Services