Christopher G. Pepin, Mobile Enterprise Services Executive, IBM MobileFirst

Christopher G. Pepin, Mobile Enterprise Services Executive, IBM MobileFirst

By Christopher G. Pepin

Using a mobile device is easy. Building a mobile enterprise that supports and secures hundreds, if not thousands of mobile devices, in your location and around the world, with limited staff and an increasing number of unauthorized equipment, is not.

To uncover what it takes to have a successful IT strategy on the mobile front, IBM and IDC have collaborated on a newly-published study, “Putting mobile first: best practices of mobile technology leaders.”  The study is based on interviews with 361 IT executives in seven countries around the world and focuses on the adoption and benefits of mobile technologies in the enterprise. What exactly are mobile leaders doing to embrace mobile in the enterprise? Simply put, they’re planning, integrating, optimizing and managing their mobile infrastructures.

According to the study, mobile leaders are taking a strategic approach to planning mobile development and strategies, integrating mobile across the enterprise including monetization, optimizing mobile information technology infrastructure, and finally, managing mobile security.

While most enterprises are struggling to define a mobile security policy, implement BYOD programs, move beyond e-mail and embrace mobile applications, today’s mobile leaders are doing all that and more to integrate mobile into the fabric of their business

Because mobile is a disruptive and evolving technology many enterprises are also challenged by the growing mobile skills gap. But rather than hire all the mobile experts they need, today’s mobile leaders are engaging external information technology far more often than non-leaders. In the IBM/IDC Study, 86 percent of respondents indicated that an external provider can help them better address the skills gap and achieve their mobility goals as well as undertake additional mobile projects.

Becoming a mobile enterprise begins with a strategy and includes policy, education and technology. Understanding the current state of mobility, the desired end goal and the gaps are critically important to developing and executing a roadmap.

Many enterprises simply “don’t know what they don’t know” especially with mobile. Engaging an experienced professional that can articulate “the art of the possible” and draw on the experience of developing mobile solutions for similar clients worldwide, can not only speed up time to market and reduce costs, but build a sustainable IT strategy for a dynamic mobile environment moving forward.

SP Mobile IT June 2013

February 8, 2014

Whatever you are doing, never let your dry cleaning find themselves in your guy’s closet.
Are you tired of having to play games and seeking to figure out
what men want. Relationships certainly are a 50-50 partnership, a variety of action and reaction.

Posted by: Best Discount for tao of badass

December 19, 2013

An fascinating dialogue is value comment. I feel that it’s best to write extra on this matter, it won’t be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Posted by: Granville Picazo

August 7, 2013

I was just looking for this information for some time. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Normally the top sites are full of garbage.

Posted by: Emotional Health

August 6, 2013

The details above is extremely invaluable. I have learned a number of recommendations.

Posted by: pruners

August 6, 2013

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

Posted by: automobile camera system

August 6, 2013

It¡¦s really a great and useful piece of information. I¡¦m satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: automobile rotisserie

August 5, 2013

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

Posted by: automobile door guards

August 5, 2013

Good ¡V I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..

Posted by: Smart TV

August 3, 2013

I and also my pals were found to be looking through the good suggestions found on your website and unexpectedly I had a terrible suspicion I never thanked the blog owner for those secrets. Most of the boys were definitely for this reason glad to learn them and already have definitely been taking pleasure in them. Many thanks for turning out to be indeed thoughtful and also for settling on this kind of good resources millions of individuals are really eager to be informed on. My very own honest apologies for not expressing appreciation to you sooner.

Posted by: home improvement home

August 1, 2013

Good ¡V I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, website theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..

Posted by: optimization solar energy

July 26, 2013

I�m impressed, I need to say. Really not often do I encounter a blog that�s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you have got hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the difficulty is something that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something referring to this.

Posted by: Elvis Feery