We will explain how to get funding for your project. It’s pretty simple: your project needs to be 1) related to your school work – helping to build your skills, 2) associated with any smarter planet theme, and 3) doing some good for your community – or a community of any size. Your school can be awarded up to $3,000 for you to use to buy supplies, hold events, or whatever is needed to do your project.
Nominating a Project
List of information required to nominate a Students for a Smarter Planet student project. If you want to apply, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the nomination and EFT forms.
- University name
- Faculty name
- Faculty university email (must use university email domain; e.g. “facultyID@univname.edu”)
- Faculty university phone
- Lead student name
- Lead student email
Payment options. IBM will use EFT as first option, and will use the check option if needed. Send the EFT form as an attachment to your email.
- University / University Foundation name;
- C/O Person’s Name (attention of)
- Building name, street address
- Address, City, State, Country, Zip code
- Project Title (up to 6 words)
- Project concept (up to 100 words)
Course and smarter planet information
- What course name and number from the university catalog is this project a part of?
- What is the link to your community or ecosystem? Or, how will you make the world better or smarter by doing this project?
- What type of technology will you be using?
- Specify which Smarter Planet topic(s) are related to this project?
Commitment to blog: If you are chosen for an award, we request that your team report about your experiences over the semester. Blogging is expected and videos are very welcome. Who will be your lead for communications on the project?
Blogger name and email
- Project will be completed by (date):
- List of team names and their majors:
- Amount requested (up to 3000 USD)
- How will the money be used?
If this award is approved do we have the faculty permission to publicize Name, Department, University on external website or other publicity? – yes or no
List attachments (e.g. EFT form, tax exempt form, as needed for this proposal
For examples of sponsored projects please click here.